Friday, December 3, 2010

Freaky Friday


Something a little different this week: How not to shop at a major cosmetics retailer (rhymes with Bora-Bora):


1. Don't assume that because your pajamas kind of look like pants no one will notice you're wearing them. The women who work there are capable of noticing a stray brow hair. They will take note. And then they will follow you around asking "Are you sure I can't help you?" until you want to run out of the store. Which is probably their goal.

2. Don't try on the Nars lipstick even though the store is out of alcohol swabs or anything remotely usable for disinfecting makeup. You will spend the next three hours OCD-ing about the Herpes/HIV/Hepatitis/Smallpox/Typhoid you probably caught. And the color will probably suck anyway.

3. Don't, in a fit of nostalgia, spray yourself effusively with Chanel no. 5. It won't smell the same as it did when you were fifteen. Somehow, in the twenty-five years since then, it went from being sexy and sophisticated to smelling like an old lady's closet.

4. Don't allow the Benefit representative to "fill-in" your eyebrows. You will resemble the Russian chick in that Dodgeball movie.

5. You are too old for sparkly eye shadow. Sorry, but it's true.


Um, yeah, I should not be allowed out of the house...

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I especially liked #1, because I went shopping in my pajama pants twice this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I love that store. They have this Waffle Cone shampoo slash body wash that smells divine...

    Also, I'm willing to bet the lipstick looked awesome and YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD FOR SPARKLY EYE SHADOW DAMN IT!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, this is awesome. :) Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I love makeup, but I am so afraid of those girls at MAC! I go from classic to streetwalker in like.. three seconds flat. I want to go to Bora Bora now and cake myself in shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind think everyone over 12 is too old for sparkly eye shadow! And even then only when they're playing at home! :)

    ReplyDelete