Working hard on the WIP, so posts have been light--sorry! There's always time, though, to get a little freaky...
1. The Chicago Marathon was last weekend. 35,000 runners at the starting line and 33,700 made it to the finish. Absolutely incredible evidence of the driving force of sheer will.
2. Cupcakes. I'm obsessed. Red Velvet. Carrot Cake. Carmel. I spent my high school years working at a bakery and the love of flour and butter and sugar stayed with me. (Too bad my 110-pound frame didn't stick around). If you guys have recipes, please send. I'll try them ALL.
3. Hush, Hush is finally in bookstores! Becca Fitzpatrick's story of a fallen angel kept me at the very edge of my seat, but what really got me was Patch, a character who sent my thirty-something heart rocketing around my chest. He's Paul Newman, Marlon Brando and James Dean rolled into one sexily scarred package. Edward Cullen can go choke on a bottle of True Blood.
4. Don Draper crosses the line. It was the "you people" comment to Sal, followed by the "people like you" come-on to the future hippie schoolteacher. If I was in her place, I would have slapped him. Ok, then I would have kissed him, but definitely after the slap.
5. Girl Crush of the Week: Christina Hendricks. Probably the cutest bridal party I've ever seen. May she have a better marriage than Joan Holloway!
And now, it's off to work I go...