Hey, all! Halloween-ie weather here in Chi. Perfect for a little freak-ay Friday...
1. You don't want to know how tempted I was to buy this. My friends and I could take him to the pre-New Moon pub crawl--do you think he'll get carded?
2. This weekend our school district is turning its Science Center into Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. It's my job to bring kids through the TriWizard Tournament maze, dressed as, um, Mad Eye Moody. Uh-huh. Maybe I'll post pics.
3. OK, this book has been out for a while, but I'm going to sing its praises anyway: Pretty Little Mistakes: A Do-Over Novel, by Heather McElhatton. Remember Choose Your Own Adventure books? Well, this is a super inventive adult version. It starts at high school graduation (Do you want to travel or go to college?) and can end in 150+ different ways. Fun, fun, fun.
4. Karmic avalanche. Thanks to LiLa's "spread the love" campaign, good news abounds. Thanks, guys--I'm feeling all full of mushy love for my fellow writers.
5. Na-No-Wri-Mo, or, er, Na-No-Ne-Mo, or Na-No-Na-No--anyway, November is National Make Yourself Crazy Writing a Novel in a Month month. I'm in the final stretch of my WIP, so I'm not participating. I'm also not sure how I feel about this. Pressure is good. Deadlines are good. But, I just don't know...Anyone out there gonna try it?
Have a great weekend!