1. If you want to know what happens to high school mean girls when they grow up, watch The Real Housewives of New York. It's gotten so bad I'm starting to think the only sane one is Alex, and that's saying a lot.
2. I've realized there are certain words and phrases I simply can't use without sounding like a total dork. They are: Bee-yotch, for realz, yo, the term pedagogical, and basically any curse word that doesn't include damn in it. People laugh when these come out of my mouth. They really do. Words/phrases I seem to get away with, though I probably shouldn't: groovy, dig, totally, right on, like, um, and fantabulous.
3. Sawyer on LOST. Leather jacket. Cop. Manliness. Yum.
4. YA books I've read recently and loved: Tangled by Carolyn Mackler and Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern. YA book I read and hated so much I wanted to throw it across the room: Do you really think I'd post the title?
5. Spring! It's sprung! I'm spending this weekend smelling the air...