1. So I'm driving home from work last night at around midnight, barely able to prop my eyes open, and all of a sudden this woman on the radio is singing, I'm a cougar, you're a cougar, too! Raaawwr! Cougarlife.com is "The premiere online dating service that pairs women in their prime with younger men and ends the double standard." Wha? Should I feel empowered (I am cougar, hear me roar!) or skeezed out? I'm going with the skeeze. Ewww...
2. Book rec: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I've got to admit I didn't like it at first, and I wondered how I was going to tell the person who gave it to me that it just wasn't my thing. I stuck with it, though, and by around 100 pages in I knew there was no way I was putting it down. This is a really great novel, folks; it's surprisingly deep and philosophical. Run to your local bookstore. Seriously.
3. I need squee lessons. Not that I have anything in particular to squee about at the moment, but if I did, I'd flounder in squee-less silence. I'm just not a person who makes noise. I don't scream at concerts or cheer at sporting events and, though I'm a teacher and can project when I have to, people are always asking me to speak up IRL. Is a squee a yelp? A high-pitched scream? I have no idea. Guess I'll have to ask Lisa and Laura.
4. Mother Nature is ticked at me for my utter lameness. I have not turned over my garden yet. I know. I am zone five, so I can still get my plants in, but lame, lame, lame.
5. My friend K.V. is stuck in the hospital on this gorgeous day. That totally sucks, K. I'll have to bring you some Dove dark and National Enquirers to pass the time. Hope you're on the mend!
Have a fantabulous weekend, everyone!