I've been computerless for a week now, so I'm deep in the withdrawal phase--DTs, nervous breakdowns, facial tics, AND I went totally batshit crazy ballistic on the Best Buy Geek. Those of you who know me in real life know I'm NOT a yeller. At all. This is the sad state I find myself in.
Which is why I'm not going to do a regular Freaky Friday list, but a super-fun sex-ay version to keep my mind off my troubles. I'm going to list five unusual things I find sexy about people in general (no need to get too personal here) and I want you guys to participate as well.
1. Buddy Holly glasses. Have you ever seen photos of Buddy Holly without his glasses? Ooh, la-la! I love that the thick black frames kept his beautiful face a secret. And I always thought Clark Kent was way hotter than Superman.
2. Barely noticeable imperfections in appearance. A hole in a flannel shirt. Crescents of dirt under fingernails. Unevenly cut hair. Pen marks on skin.
3. A man reading a newspaper on the subway. The newspaper has to be crinkled, with sections threatening to spill out over the floor. Ink stains on fingertips are a plus. Don't know how much longer people are going to be reading newspapers anywhere, given ad revenues, so I'll take this one when I can get it. Sorry, Kindles may be cool but they are not sexy.
4. A man waiting in line who is not jabbering away on a cell phone, punching buttons on a blackberry or listening to an iPod. A faraway look in his eye is a must. Daydreaming is sexy.
5. Using money clips instead of wallets. (But not the silver, girlishly monogrammed kind from Tiffany's--yuck!). It speaks of confidence.
(And here is my list of five so-not-sexy things: thong sandals, manicures for guys, Tom Cruise movies, high top sneakers, and those thin, filmy sports jersey/shorts matching sets. Ugh.)