Friday, December 11, 2009

Freaky Friday: The Stampfel-Volpe Version

In honor of Unofficially Official Agent Day I give you a special Friday list. Here are five reasons I love my fab agent, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe:

1. She can think like a writer, an editor, a marketing guru, a reader, a critic, a friend, a psychologist, a teacher, and a publishing biz insider ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Obama's lucky Jo didn't run for prez last year--he would have had serious competition.

2. She treats everyone with the utmost respect. Agents in training should scroll through the Nancy Coffey post on Absolute Write for lessons on how to treat prospective clients. Seriously.

3. She knows how to deal with writerly neuroses. I sent her an email telling her how nervous I was to send her my WIP. Her response? "Don't worry...we're a team now!" And you know what? I stopped worrying!

4. The girl eats, sleeps, and breathes books. Jo reads for work, for pleasure, for any reason--she just...reads. All the time. She must have a spare set if eyeballs or superhero glasses or something.

5. The little things...She likes the Fab Four as much as I do. She's a foodie who can talk gourmet with the best of them. She has a super adorable New York born-and-bred accent. She throws Mad Men parties and sends me the pics. And seeing her name in my email inbox makes me feel like I've won the lottery, every time.

So, thanks Joanna! And Happy Christmas to you!

9 comments:

  1. YAY JO!! Happy Agent Day!! I loved your reasons, L- and I couldn't agree with them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lovely interactions with Jo while looking for an agent. Happy Agent day, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loretta - Your reasons were spot-on. Yup, I'm right there with you, girl. Happy Agent Day, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! And can I add to it please? We love Jo because she's so amazingly nice and supportive of us and we're not even her clients. That's just how Jo rolls. She's the real deal. I get so excited when I see her name pop up in our inbox or see a comment from her on our blog. Totally makes our day every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that Jo is made of win. She emailed me personally when I signed with someone else. She is just that amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Loretta--I think I'm done blushing now...I think so...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And how did you know this was one of my favorite Christmas songs???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good guess.

    And you are so very welcome.

    I had such a smile on my face reading all the agent-love...so many posts!

    ReplyDelete