Friday, November 13, 2009

Freaky Friday

Friday came up quickly this week! Here goes:

1. Books for Christmas! It's fun choosing books to suit the various personalities on my list And, I strongly believe in supporting the industry I hope will someday pay my bills. I plan on buying loads of books as presents AND visiting actual brick & mortar stores to make my purchases. Let's get those publishing numbers up, up, up!

2. Sweet potato pie. OMG. I ate TWO slices for breakfast. Uh-huh. Let me know if you want the recipe.

3. Planting a winter garden. I've never done it, but this year I think I'm going to try. Parsley stays through January around here. Chard. Spinach, maybe, but I might be too late. What else? Any ideas?

4. The midnight showing of New Moon approaches. The cougar lady deep inside is getting very excited. The suburban mom part of me is worried I'll fall asleep and miss it!

5. For my writerly friends: Suzy Townsend posted a great essay on characterization. And LiLa touched on a similar topic AND included a photo of the sexy Sayid. Check them out!


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. We'll be buying lots of books for Christmas this year. Can't wait! Finding the perfect book for someone is a fun challenge.

    And I didn't know Suzy had a blog! Thanks for the link. Looks like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to go to holiday decorated bookstores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for New Moon and I haven't read the books, and I only saw Twilight once while sleepy. The marketing is like a drug, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete